I mentioned in my Special to Me card post on Friday that I received some new Distress Inks for Christmas. I promised that I would share a card using them. I used the ink sparingly on this card. I wanted to experiment with how they would look on vellum. I added some ink to my Ranger craft sheet and then spritzed some water onto the ink. I then placed a piece of vellum onto the wet ink. The vellum stays wet for a very long time so I dried it with my heat gun. I love the dreamy look that it produced! Now I think I’ll make a card incorporating a larger area using this technique. I stamped the sentiment onto a white strip of cardstock that I placed underneath the piece of inked vellum.
Supplies: Word Salad stamp set by Paper Smooches, Newspaper Background by Hero Arts, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks by Ranger.